Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Less than a month left in Cartagena

I skyped my parents for 2 hours last night, much needed. I would say I am ready to go home in a little over a month. My time here in Spain is done. After living here for a semester in Madrid and then 9 months in the south, made me realize maybe this country isn´t for me. I guess I could try the north, but I already know I couldn´t stand the rain. 5 years in Humboldt County taught me that. I think one of the good ways to judge if you fit well into a country is how your body physically reacts to it. My body for example, I feel has gone downhill. My skin is always dry, my sinuses are always irritated, I´ve had tummy problems so many times, and so on. When I lived in Ecuador I was so healthy! Well besides the stomach virus but that was cured with medicine within a week. In Morocco I could feel my body functioning better too. Also, as much as I like Spanish food, there is little diversity here. I need diverse food choices, and good food choices. Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Ethiopian, Indian, Korean, as well as diverse people. I guess in Madrid it´s more diverse, but still doesn´t measure up to the Bay Area.

My plan is to travel to as many countries as possible and see if I truly fit well into any of them. That´s the best way to figure out where you should live I think. And if there´s no other place where I really feel at home. there´s always the Bay.

We got back from Ibiza on Sunday night, after 6 days of beaches, parties, excursions, cars, boats, and fun people. It  wasn´t high season though, so I can only imagine how it is in the summer. Most of the people there seemed younger, 19 or 20 years old. It was really fun don´t get me wrong, but I think I´m too old for that stuff/have already had my years of partying. Who know´s though, maybe I´ll go back for a real summer experience.

I have less than a month in Cartagena, then I go to Madrid to drop my stuff of, then head to Italy for a week. I was thinking of making another trip this month for a weekend, but I don´t want to spend the money and also, there´s a lot of things I want to do here that I haven´t done yet. I want to hike Roldan, spend a day at Cabo de Palos and the market, take the ferry from La Manga to the other side of the bay, try a few new tapas places, go to Jumilla for a wine tour, and just enjoy this region. The time will go by fast, it already has. Man, can´t believe it´s almost over.

But can´t wait to see my bros and go to Fentons!!!

1 comment:

  1. "I need diverse food choices, and good food choices. Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Ethiopian, Indian, Korean, as well as diverse people."

    "My plan is to travel to as many countries as possible and see if I truly fit well into any of them. That´s the best way to figure out where you should live I think. And if there´s no other place where I really feel at home. there´s always the Bay."


    We have so much in common in the way we think, I still think its a dream :)

    Love,

    O :)


    ReplyDelete